Monday, December 21, 2009

my christmas wishlist

I see how the colorful lights sparkle like fireflies in every street I pass. I come by each home hanging a star symbolizing the light Jesus has brought to the world upon His birth. Trees are everywhere yet in this special time of the year they are adorned by balls of different sizes and colors. The wind whispers a carol to my ears. There is a widespread gift-giving and exchanges. Little children joyfully set up stockings on the door hoping for Santa to fill them up with their wish list. The cold air rushes into my lungs yet the love, happiness and kindness all around me keeps me warm. I guess there could only be one celebration where things like these could happen. And it is, Christmas.
Yes, its finally christmas! The long wait is over. It's definitely undeniable that this season's got something special in it that brings the delight in all of us. I'm pretty excited about celebrating the holidays with my family and much more wound up in writing my christmas wishlist this year like the previous christmasses I had. The only difference is that I'm trading my nice deeds not to Santa but to Him who is the essence of Christmas.

To Jesus Christ:(The Real Santa)

2009 has been quite tough for everybody. I have been a witness of the great conflict there is around the globe. Wars are becoming the people's solution to every unresolved argument. A thousand lives of innocent people were spared. The blood of the blameless have been shed. Violence and a bigger predicament named POVERTY has been experienced. However, despite all of these awful things there is a glimmer of HOPE. Jesus, You have brought light to the world upon Your birth. You are our only hope and so I would like to send my christmas wishlist to You. I desire nothing else but the fullfillment of my wishes.
On top of my wish list this year is for my family to have peace, prosperity and good health. These things, I strongly believe, are what matter most. Peace would always be the best wish fulfilled on Christmas since it brings a full package of love and understanding that would last not just on Christmas but for the whole year around. I wish for blessings to outpour to my family especially on the financial aspect. And as to my fellowmen, I desire PEACE. May you teach them to learn the ways of peace and unlearn the ways of violence. May You let the feel the real essence You've given us which is LOVE.
Next, I wish to have a better relationship with my classmates and colleagues. Christmas would be colder with people around throwing a cold shoulder on you. I want to settle some misunderstandings I had with them and forgive some who have caused trouble on me.May You also forgive me for causing trouble unto them.I wish to feel the warmth of friendship that I have shared with them for the past years and for the years to come.
Lastly, I wish to have a merry little christmas with my friends and family and to really learn and live its essence not just this December but everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment